Small cell technology is an effective technology for high-speed data requirements using low-power, short-range transmissions that can cover specific geographical areas or locations. The future of mobile data is small cell technology that carries infrastructure capable of conveniently handling high-density data while providing speeds that are 30 – 50 times faster than existing 4G LTE networks and managing high broadband speeds for all customers, IoT, and low-power devices. This makes small cells the perfect choice for 5G networks. So, now let us see how 5G Small Cell along with Smart 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Smart 4G Testing RF drive test software, Cellular LTE RF drive test tools & equipment will create opportunities for Enterprise
There are three main types of small cells (femtocells, picocells, and microcells) used in both residential and commercial uses.
- Femtocells are small network stations used to extend coverage and provide backup during periods of heavy congestion – work best for residential and enterprise applications.
- Picocells are suitable for individual buildings or structures such as office buildings, hospitals, shopping complexes, and other large-scale areas requiring high data throughput.
- Microcells are more effective and can support a higher number of users hence, they are great for institutional uses like hospitals and universities.
There are several use cases for 5G small cells that create opportunities for enterprise. Let’s take at 5 major opportunities.
- Improves manufacturing: 5G small cell technology has higher flexibility, high capacity, and low latency as these can support any reconfiguration of automated processes, thereby meeting manufacturing targets at a quicker pace.
- Enhances logistics: 5G small cell technology can be used in transferring shipments/logistics where a large amount of data is generated. Such technologies are advanced, allowing enterprises to expand their logistics services.
- Customize retail experiences: 5G small cell technology is the best way to utilize retail stores for improving the process by combining digital and in-person experiences. For instance, 5G small cell technology network connectivity can be used in furniture stores that can provide an AR experience, which will allow potential customers to view their selected products and how something would look in their home before buying it – this technology is not only useful to improve the user’s shopping experience but also help retailers to grab more customers.
- Healthcare innovation: 5G small cell technology is changing healthcare operations seamlessly as the technology improves reliability – it can be used for automated robot-assisted surgery, diagnosing processes, etc., to supervise patient health conditions.
- Simplifying operations in the oil and gas industry: 5G small cell technology can handle high data loads conveniently that can help automate processes and simplify/modernize oil and gas operations. 5G networks with small cell involve low costs for installation and logistics hence oil and gas industry prefer to choose this instead of wired networks.
With small cell technology, 5G networks can bring better, faster connectivity to more customers. There are some benefits of using small cell technology are improving coverage, boosting speeds to keep up with increasing data demands, reducing power, increasing performance, and improving battery life for devices. It is designed with reduced complexity which makes them easier to implement and provides better digital experiences to not only for individual users but also for enterprise-level data centres. Therefore, wireless carriers are using small cell technology to build 5G wireless networks.
With the advancement of enterprises in almost every domain, the need for more efficient connectivity has significantly increased, and this is possible by the introduction of 5G Small Cells technology. Small cell technology is something driving innovation in big data and providing high-speed access in those areas having poor wireless coverage and responsible for wifi hotspots in urban downtown areas and sports complexes. Small cells are the foundation for 5G – the future of wireless data that will allow users to connect and stream data at speeds, significantly faster than existing 4G LTE networks.
Small cells are the best to boost mobile network coverage and capacity, but network performance can hamper if they cause interference. Therefore, network testing is an important aspect in small cells. Here comes RantCell, which is a smart network testing and monitoring tool that can be used to meet 5G small cell testing requirements. RantCell pro app can be installed on smartphones (Android and iOS 5G phones) to measure KPIs and improve the Quality of Experience (QoE).