Skip to content
- Provincetown is the most popular bicycle of the all year round commuters on bikes in Massachusetts and also one of the most expensive rates in the entire country.
- Provincetown is acknowledged as level Silver bicyclist Friendly Community Award from the League of American Bicyclists.
- Provincetown is the bike-friendly streets networks in United States according to the People For Bikes Bicycle Network Analysis, with scores of 87 points out 100.
- WalkScore gives Provincetown as an “Biker’s Paradise” with a score of 90 on 100 points.
- The town’s very first dedicated bicycle path was built in 1899. It was designed to link Provincetown with Pond Village in Truro.
- The Province Lands Bike Trail was the first bicycle path constructed within the National Park and celebrated its 50th anniversary in the year 2017.
- The bikeway, named Claire Saltonstall began its journey in 1978, from Boston up to Provincetown and is the only bike path with a number within Massachusetts in the form of State Bicycle Route 1.
- Cycling is the second most popular activity for summertime visitors following a trip to the beach according by the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce.